Manual Lymphatic Drainage Certification – Klose Training
February 19, 2024 - February 24, 2024
Date: February 19-24, 2024
Cost: $1,300 (payment plan available)
Instructors: Nicola McGill LLSA, MIFA, LMT, CLT-LANA
CEU: 45 hands-on
This engaging 5½ day MLD Certification course is based on the techniques developed by Dr. Emil Vodder, Ph.D., MT. When skillfully applied, this therapeutic form of soft-tissue mobilization dramatically enhances lymph formation and promotes drainage within the superficial and deep systems of the lymph vascular network. MLD effectively reduces traumatic and post-surgical edema, and can provide symptomatic relief of migraine headaches, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD), stress, fatigue, and more. MLD also induces general relaxation and detoxification.
During this course, students will be instructed in the anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic system and basic MLD treatment sequences will be demonstrated and practiced. In addition, MLD treatment sequences for mild, medically-uncomplicated upper and lower extremity lymphedema will be taught. Each day will be divided into two sections: theoretical and hands-on application.
Successful completion of the MLD certification class includes a written exam on the last day of class and demonstrating proficiency in the techniques learned. Students will then receive their MLD certification from Klose Training. Students will be able to use “Certified Manual Lymph Drainage Therapist (CMLDT)“ as one of their professional credentials.
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Identify basic elements of the anatomy of the lymphatic system and recognize the associated scientific terminology.
- Differentiate between the normal and diseased states of the lymphatic system (physiology and pathophysiology of the lymphatic system).
- Identify indications and contraindications related to the use of MLD.
- Competently perform the techniques of MLD for all body areas.
- Devise appropriate MLD sequences for indications such as post-surgical edema, post-traumatic edema, fibromyalgia, general detoxification and other conditions.
- Competently perform MLD sequences appropriate for clients who have undergone breast surgery for cancer (clients who are at risk of developing lymphedema).
- Competently perform MLD sequences appropriate for clients with mild, medically-uncomplicated primary or secondary lymphedema.
|February 19-24, 2024|
Monday - Friday: 8am - 5:30pm
Saturday: 8am - 2pm
Heal Center (Sandy Springs)
270 Carpenter Dr. Ste 505 (5th floor)
Atlanta, GA 30328
45 CEU Hands-on
NCBTMB Approved Provider #406050-00
|$1,300. (payment plan available, 2 installments)|
Please refer to Klose Training
Nicola McGill has over 25 years of experience in the field of massage and bodywork both in the U.S. and the United Kingdom. She is a graduate of the London School of Aromatherapy and received diplomas in Reflex Touch and Manual Lymphatic Drainage in Professional Practice at Anglia Polytechnic University, U.K.
Upon relocating to the U.S., Nicola received extensive training in the field of oncology massage – including scar tissue release for post-mastectomy patients – under the instruction of Gayle MacDonald, MS, LMT and Sandy Canzone, DOM. In 2010, Nicola received her Lymphedema Therapy Certification through Klose Training and Consulting. She also completed the Breast Cancer Rehabilitation, Head and Neck Lymphedema Management, and refresher MLD classes with Klose Training.
Since May 2008, Nicola has been on staff at Boulder Community Hospital (BCH) as an Oncology Massage and Lymphedema Therapist. She promotes education and lymphedema risk-reduction practices at cancer support groups and individual treatment sessions while working alongside the Rocky Mountain Compassionate Communication Center (RMCCC) and the BCH team of healthcare providers. She has also provided presentations at numerous conferences, on the subject of MLD, for AMTA and the Society for Oncology Massage.