The Heal Center’s Advanced Reflexology Course is for those who are committed to furthering their professional training in Reflexology. The course is in compliance with the standards of the American Reflexology Certification Board (ARCB). This comprehensive program will run one full weekend per month, for five months.
The American Reflexology Certification Board’s national educational standard for Reflexology is 200 hours. This is made up of 110 class hours and 90 documented client sessions. Once the required numbers of class hours have been completed, students may register with the ARCB in order to receive the ARCB Study Guide and to schedule a testing date.
The prerequisite for this course is the Heal Center’s 14-week Reflexology Certification Course, which consists of 50 class hours. Together with a further 60 class hours provided by the Advanced Reflexology Course, as well as 10 hours of documented sessions, Heal Center graduates complete a total of 110 class hours – therefore meeting the ARCB requirement. With the addition of ARCB’s required 90 documented sessions (30 clients, 3 times each) you will have the 200 hours required to apply for testing.
MODULE I (Days 1 & 2) Sat/Sun, January 5-6, 2019
- Overview of Anatomy: Anatomical terminology
- Overview of Physiology
- Levels of Organization
- The Integumentary System (skin)
- Skeletal System; bones & joints, with special emphasis on the bones of the leg and foot
- Review for test given at beginning of Module III
MODULE II (Days 3 & 4) Sat-Sun, February 2-3, 2019
Hand Reflexology. The practice and protocol based on the BodySystems Method of Hand Reflexology
- Study of the basic structure and physiology of the hand and wrist.
- Common problems of the hand and wrist, eg. Carpal Tunnel and more.
- Proficiency in the BodySystems Method of Hand Reflexology
- Self help techniques
- Systematic protocol of Hand Reflexology, and how to combine the routine with foot reflexology
MODULE III (Days 5 & 6) Sat – Sun, March 9-10, 2019
- Testing on material from Module I
- The Muscular System with special emphasis of the muscles in the leg and foot
- The Nervous System, as it relates to the leg and foot. Reflexes.
- Overview of the Circulatory and Vascular System around the body and as it relates to leg and foot.
- Review study guide
MODULE IV (Days 7 & 8) Sat – Sun, April 14-15, 2019
- Testing on material from Module III
- Digestive System overview with some nutrition for the therapist
- Respiratory System, Overview and review of the Urinary, Endocrine systems
- More in-depth pathologies which include: Muscular Skeletal & Neurological conditions;
- Visceral conditions which include: Circulatory disorders, Digestive pathologies, Respiratory, Urinary, Endocrine and Skin pathologies.
- Review study guide
MODULE V (Days 9 + 10) Sat-Sun, May 4-5, 2019
- Testing on material from Module IV
- Reflexology theory, focusing on helper areas and specific health issues
- More advanced techniques to add to your practice
- Ethics, Marketing and running your reflexology business
- Documentation and practice using your anatomical terminology skills
- Closing ceremony and receive certificates of completion!
Roz Zollinger has an international reputation for her therapeutic work and instruction in Reflexology and Aromatherapy, and has 28 years’ experience in the practice and teaching of these modalities.
Roz qualified in Reflexology in 1983 through the South African Institute of Reflexology in Johannesburg, and in 1984 trained in Aromatherapy with the Institute of Clinical Aromatherapy in London. She subsequently pursued advanced Aromatherapy studies with the Pacific Institute of Aromatherapy in California, and has taken the International Training Program in Essential Oils at Purdue University in Indiana, USA.
In 1992 Roz founded the Heal Center, Atlanta, which has since gained a national reputation for its class and course offerings.
Roz teaches various courses and workshops at the Heal Center and lectures at regional and national conferences. She has developed the BodySystems Method of Reflexology and Aromatherapy, which stresses the interaction of all bodily systems and addresses the physical, emotional and spiritual well-being of the individual.
Roz is co-founder of the Georgia Reflexology Organization and is a regional director for the National Association of Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA).
Rudy Scarfalloto D.C
Dr. Rudy Scarfalloto brings over thirty-seven years of experience to his work as a health professional and teacher, including thirty one years as a chiropractor. He received his Doctor of Chiropractic Degree at Life College in 1984, and has been in private practice since specializing in gentle chiropractic for the relief of chronic pain, stiffness, headaches and rehabilitation from auto accidents, athletic and work related injuries. He also helps individuals experiencing such internal conditions as asthma, allergies, indigestion, blood sugar issues, menstrual difficulties and high blood pressure.
Rudy teaches with wonderful clarity and skill, always taking time to ensure each student understands the information and hands-on techniques.
Dr. Rudy’s has published six books: The Dance of Opposites, Cultivating Inner Harmony, The Edge of Time, Nutrition for Massage Therapists, and What Should I Eat I – II?