Advanced Reflexology Course
10 day (5 weekend) in-class program leading to
National ARCB Certification
with Roz Zollinger & Dr. Rudy Scarfalloto
The Heal Center’s Advanced Reflexology Course is for those who are committed to further training in Reflexology. The course is in compliance with the standards of the American Reflexology Certification Board (ARCB). This comprehensive program will run one full weekend per month, for five months.
The American Reflexology Certification Board’s national educational standard for Reflexology is made up of 110 class hours and 30 documented sessions. Once the required numbers of class hours have been completed, students may register with the ARCB in order to receive the ARCB Study Guide and to schedule a testing date.
The prerequisite for this course is the successful completion of our Reflexology Foundation Course which consists of 52 class hours. Together with 60 class hours provided by the Advanced Reflexology Course, you will have completed a total of 112 class hours – therefore meeting the ARCB requirement.
MODULE I (Days 1 & 2) Sat/Sun, January 11-12, 2020
- Overview of Anatomy: Anatomical terminology
- Overview of Physiology
- Levels of Organization
- The Integumentary System (skin)
- Skeletal System; bones & joints, with special emphasis on the bones of the leg and foot
- Review for test given at beginning of Module III
MODULE II (Days 3 & 4) Sat-Sun, February 8-9, 2020
- Testing on material from Module I
- The Muscular System with special emphasis of the muscles in the leg and foot
- The Nervous System, as it relates to the leg and foot. Reflexes.
- Overview of the Circulatory and Vascular System around the body and as it relates to leg and foot.
- Review study guide
MODULE III (Days 5 & 6) Sat – Sun, March 14-15, 2020
- Testing on material from Module II
- Digestive System overview with some nutrition for the therapist
- Respiratory System, Overview and review of the Urinary, Endocrine systems
- More in-depth pathologies which include: Muscular Skeletal & Neurological conditions;
- Visceral conditions which include: Circulatory disorders, Digestive pathologies, Respiratory, Urinary, Endocrine and Skin pathologies.
- Review study guide
MODULE IV (Days 7 & 8) Sat – Sun, April 18-19, 2020
- Testing on material from Module III
- Reflexology theory, focusing on helper areas and specific health issues
- Advanced techniques and protocols
- Ethics and boundaries
- Documentation and the use of anatomical terminology
MODULE V (Days 9 + 10) Sat-Sun, May 16-17, 2020
Hand Reflexology. The practice and protocol based on the BodySystems Method of Hand Reflexology
- Study of the basic structure and physiology of the hand and wrist.
- Common problems of the hand and wrist, eg. Carpal Tunnel and more.
- Proficiency in the BodySystems Method of Hand Reflexology
- Self help techniques
- Systematic protocol of Hand Reflexology, and how to combine the routine with foot reflexology
- Closing ceremony and completion!
*The Heal Center's classes and programs are not state accredited vocational training or intended for career purposes. They are designed for avocational interests or personal enrichment, only.
Roz Zollinger has an international reputation for her therapeutic work and instruction in Reflexology and Aromatherapy, and has 28 years’ experience in the practice and teaching of these modalities.
Roz qualified in Reflexology in 1983 through the South African Institute of Reflexology in Johannesburg, and in 1984 trained in Aromatherapy with the Institute of Clinical Aromatherapy in London. She subsequently pursued advanced Aromatherapy studies with the Pacific Institute of Aromatherapy in California, and has taken the International Training Program in Essential Oils at Purdue University in Indiana, USA.
In 1992 Roz founded the Heal Center, Atlanta, which has since gained a national reputation for its class and course offerings.
Roz teaches various courses and workshops at the Heal Center and lectures at regional and national conferences. She has developed the BodySystems Method of Reflexology and Aromatherapy, which stresses the interaction of all bodily systems and addresses the physical, emotional and spiritual well-being of the individual.
Roz is co-founder of the Georgia Reflexology Organization and is a regional director for the National Association of Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA).
Rudy Scarfalloto D.C
Dr. Rudy Scarfalloto brings over thirty-seven years of experience to his work as a health professional and teacher, including thirty one years as a chiropractor. He received his Doctor of Chiropractic Degree at Life College in 1984, and has been in private practice since specializing in gentle chiropractic for the relief of chronic pain, stiffness, headaches and rehabilitation from auto accidents, athletic and work related injuries. He also helps individuals experiencing such internal conditions as asthma, allergies, indigestion, blood sugar issues, menstrual difficulties and high blood pressure.
Rudy teaches with wonderful clarity and skill, always taking time to ensure each student understands the information and hands-on techniques.
Dr. Rudy’s has published six books: The Dance of Opposites, Cultivating Inner Harmony, The Edge of Time, Nutrition for Massage Therapists, and What Should I Eat I - II?