- This class has passed.
Traditional Thai Reflexology
February 21, 2020 @ 9:00 am - February 23, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
Thai foot reflexology is a marriage between the ancient healing arts of reflexology, Chinese tuina, Japanese shiatsu and Indian Ayurvedic yoga.
Thai reflexology is easy and fun to learn and incorporate into your existing practice. Working with the feet, lower legs and knees, this 2000 year old, highly reputed session frees up blocked energy within the body’s many sen lines (Thai- based meridians) to produce a deep and unique feeling of balance, relaxation and well-being.
Unlike conventional western reflexology, Thai reflexology takes a relatively short time to learn. This is because the session follows a protocol, rather than relying on extensive education and practice to create an effective session.
In this class you will learn:
- The history and philosophy behind Thai foot reflexology.
- How to give a gentle 60-minute traditional Thai reflexology session.
- The names and locations of the 6 major sen lines located in the feet & lower legs.
- The body systems and health issues governed by the sen lines.
- Placement of conventional reflexology points along the sen lines.
- The difference between Thai reflexology and conventional western reflexology.
- How to incorporate hydrotherapy in your Thai reflexology session.
- How to choose efficacious lubricants for a Thai reflexology session.
- How to prepare and care for your Thai foot stick.
You will be given an illustrated manual, Thai foot stick and a bottle of organic Thai oil.
Wear clothes that allow access to your lower legs and knees, and slip-on shoes that you can remove quickly and easily. Please be familiar with the bones of the lower legs and feet.
What to Bring:
- Pure shea or cocoa butter
- Coloring pencils
- highlighting pen
- One regular-sized towel
- Two hand towels (same size)
- Foot tub
Dates: February 21-23, 2020
Time: 9am – 5pm
Credits: 21 NCBTMB
Instructor: Karen Ball