- This class has passed.
Freeing the Heart by Releasing the Body’s Central Linkage – Myofascial Techniques
August 1 @ 9:00 am - August 2 @ 6:00 pm$20 – $325
Class size: Limited to 14
Instructor: Dale Alexander
CEU: 16 hands-on
Heart disease is the #1 cause of death, eclipsing all forms of cancer combined. Someone has a heart attack every 34 seconds. Every 60 seconds, someone in the United States dies from a heart disease-related event.
What is rarely considered is how the heart’s progression into dysfunction and disease is a significant factor in chronic somatic ailments that persist even with competent care.
Fresh blood, filled with oxygen, nutrition, and hormones is the body’s most healing resource. Without enough of this healing resource, tissues and cells begin to degrade in their function. “Pain is the cry of a nerve for blood” is one of the oldest axioms in Osteopathic Medicine.
Freeing the Heart by Releasing the Body’s Central Linkage is a comprehensive introduction toward how we as Massage Therapists - Bodyworkers - Allied Health Providers can play a preventative role in its progression.
Participants will leave with a more comprehensive understanding of how the human body really works and the role that bodywork can play in preventing and relieving dysfunction and disease.
During this workshop participants will learn:
- How to interview a client with chronic symptoms; this will be modeled and discussed.
- To identify the Somatic markers for when referral to a physician is indicated.
- A hands-on Assessment Sequence will be demonstrated and practiced.
Hands-On Techniques will be presented and practiced that:
- Release the Body’s Core Myofascial Line and Central Linkage(s).
- Enhance the heart’s ability to pump more blood by reducing resistances to its expansion.
- Restore the mechanisms that naturally assist venous and lymphatic return.
- Decrease the tone of the Nervous System’s fight/flight/freeze responses.
- Enhance the neural outflow of its Rest and Restore capacity.
- Reduce common obstacles to the return of raw blood products to the heart/lung complex.
Participants are encouraged to review the instructor’s published articles (linked here)
- Freeing the Heart: I, II, III
- The Sacs and Tubes Theory of Stress
- Releasing the Body’s Core Line and Central Linkage
What to Bring:
- 2 pillows
- Attire during technique practice exchange needs to allow access to the abdomen (sports bra and shorts or underwear suggested).
- A light blanket to provide warmth as needed
- Packed lunch, beverages, and snacks to keep your blood sugar level normalized.
What is Provided:
- Massage tables
- Sanitizing table/surface cleaners
- Hand Sanitizer
- Class Manual
Dale Alexander will host a clinic day on Monday, August 3rd, open to students to observe and/or receive bodywork by Dale.
Please contact us to schedule: 404.303.0007
|August 1 - 2, 2020|
|9:00 am - 6:00 pm both days|
|Heal Center, Suite 505. 5th Floor|
|No refund provided within 2 weeks of class. All refunds are subject to a $10 minimum processing fee. See policy page for further information.|
Class Package Offer
Dale Alexander offers 32 CEU (hands-on) for $599
Aug. 1-2: Freeing the Heart by Releasing the Body’s Central Linkage – 16CE
Oct. 3-4: Cervical Stenosis and Shoulder Mobilization – 16CE
Dale G. Alexander Ph.D. MA, BSEd, L.M.T. has had a Clinical Massage Therapy practice in Key West, Fla. since 1980. He has specialized in addressing chronic somatic dysfunction throughout his career and was named the top CE Provider of 2016 by the Alliance for Massage Therapy Education.
This course has organically grown out of Dale’s personal experience. In 1983 Dale and his step-son were hit head-on by a drunk driver. Both experienced orthopedic injuries. Dale’s right hip was shattered, the tibial plateaus were fractured, and his ankle broken along with additional facial and neck trauma.
An intrinsic understanding began to grow within his clinical awareness as more and more clients started to show up with varying degrees of hip, knee, and shoulder degeneration.