Essential Oil Energetics and the Five Elements – Botanical Blending for Inner Harmony
March 15, 2024$175.00 – $420.00
Date: March 15, 2024 (Friday)
Time: 9:30am – 5:00pm
Cost: $175 by February 15, 2024. $199 after.
Instructors: Gabriel Mojay LAc, CertEd, FIFPA
Continuing Education: 12 hours (NAHA, AIA)
Essential Oil Energetics and the Five Elements
Botanical blending for inner harmony
with Gabriel Mojay
In this special one-day class, Gabriel Mojay speaks to the energetic and psychological actions of 25 therapeutically significant essential oils according to the Oriental Five Elements and their corresponding principal vital Organs.
Expanding on his book Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit, Gabriel shares and elucidates the various essential oil fragrance notes - and how fragrance energies such as the resinous (eg. Frankincense) and sweet-floral (eg. Rose) contribute to and reflect the energetic medicinal properties of the essential oils they characterize.
For example, the earthy-rooty fragrance profile that dominates Angelica root essential oil is inseparable from its calming and stabilizing influence on the Heart and Shen (Mind-Spirit), reflecting its importance in the treatment of anxiety and insomnia as well as its subtle ability to impart a felt-sense of inner connectedness.
In contrast, the effects of the pungent camphoraceous aroma of several essential oils belonging to the Eucalyptus genus stimulate and invigorate the Lung-Qi and revitalize the Metal Element and Bodily Soul (Po) – or using a more Western term, the Vital Spirit. These energetic effects, in turn, counteract feelings of melancholy, pessimism and withdrawal.
This wide-ranging yet highly integrated study deepens participants’ understanding of:
- The Oriental therapeutics of essential oils, including their fundamental effects on the Qi, Yin & Yang, and Five Elements-Spirits-Organs.
- Essential oil fragrance energetics, including the psychological and vital properties of the dry-woody, sweet-woody, rooty-earthy, fruity, green, sweet-herbaceous, pungent-herbaceous, spicy, floral, citrus, minty, sweet-pungent, resinous-balsamic, coniferous and camphoraceous fragrance energies.
- Essential oil recommendations for those suffering with chronic nervous tension, anxiety and depression as well as a broader range of mental-emotional states including poor concentration, ‘overthinking’ and worry, lack of motivation, irritability and resentment, and low self-confidence.
Finally, Gabriel will introduce and share an approach to aromatic formulating based on harmonizing the mind (identity), soul (emotion) and spirit (orientation), and participants will each formulate and their own ‘alchemical amulet’ blend of essential oils in jojoba.
Join Gabriel Mojay for this profound study of essential oil therapeutics at its most energetically dynamic and botanically potent.
- Presentation notes: extensive first-class PDF-slide presentation notes.
- Visual Education & Plant ID: slides and slides notes illustrated by aromatic plant images from Gabriel’s personal library of over 6000 aromatic and medicinal plant photographs.
- Class participation: participant questions and comments relevant to the diverse range of topics the class encompasses are welcome, while certainly not required.
- CE Certificate of Attendance: issued as a PDF by the Institute of Traditional Herbal Medicine & Aromatherapy (ITHMA), founded by Gabriel in London in 1990 – a year before he founded the Register of Qualified Aromatherapists, which merged to become the International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists (IFPA) in 2002.
|March 15, 2024|
|9:30am - 5pm|
|Heal Center, Suite 505. 5th Floor.|
|Gabriel Mojay and Shellie Enteen|
$175 if registering by Feb. 15.
No refund provided within 2 weeks of class. All refunds are subject to a $10 minimum processing fee.
See policy page for further information.
Email: [email protected]
Gabriel Mojay LAc, CertEd, FIFPA
Gabriel Mojay is an author-researcher, educator and practitioner in the scientific and TCM-energetic aspects of medicinal and aromatic plants and their extracts. He has practiced and taught clinical aromatherapy, herbal medicine and acupuncture since 1987.
Gabriel was born in England, grew up in Maryland, has spent most of his career in London, and now resides in California. He first studied TCM in 1978, qualifying in shiatsu, and later co-authored ‘Shiatsu – the complete guide’. Following 4 years of study with TCM clinicians including Giovanni Maciocia, he became a member of the British Acupuncture Council. While at acupuncture school Gabriel trained in European and Chinese herbal medicine and in Scientific Aromatherapy with Pierre Franchomme and Daniel Pénoël MD, among others.
Since 1990 Gabriel has been Principal of the Institute of Traditional Herbal Medicine and Aromatherapy (ITHMA). He has presented lectures at international conferences and seminars in the USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Japan, Korea, China, Hong Kong, Australia, France, the Czech Republic, Ireland, and the UK. He is author of Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit.
Gabriel’s interest in and study of astrology found its provenance in esoteric studies focused especially on Tarot undertaken with metaphysician Diane Lancaster 40 years ago in Baltimore, MD, when he was 25. This included a study of the work of astrologer Alan Oken and his books as well as attending lectures given by him.
Returning to England in 1983, Gabriel went on a private retreat to engage in an in-depth exploration of astrology, including Birth Chart erection at a time when software was not yet of widely available. This was reinforced with a largely continuous study of the work of astrologer Liz Greene and Howard Sasportas who together ran the Center for Psychological Astrology based at the same university campus in Regents Park, central London as Gabriel’s aromatherapy institute, ITHMA.
Liz Greene is well known as a leading author on in-depth aspects of astrology, and in particular, for applying her expertise and wisdom as a trained Jungian analyst to the art of Birth Chart interpretation. Gabriel indeed has had a long interest in the work of Carl Jung, and applies key Jungian psychological concepts in a simple way to aspects of aromatherapy as well as TCM mental-emotional health assessment.
In 1984 Gabriel undertook a course in psychological numerology with numerologist Theron Henley, and continues to this day to collect books on number symbolism.
Gabriel has given numerous in-depth astrological–numerological readings over the years since, and draws from a wide spectrum of esoteric knowledge ranging from alchemy, Kabbalah, and the work of Gurdjieff through to a long-standing experience of Tibetan Buddhism, Taoism and Tantra Yoga. Indeed, he once worked as the office manager of a yoga ashram in North London.
Gabriel applied his interest in, and insights gleaned from, the Western Esoteric Tradition in his 1996 publication Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit ~ in which he discusses a range of aromatic plants from the perspective of their traditional astrological symbolism.
Gabriel sincerely believes that the door on the soul which this class will open for people will be one which will reveal a fascinating and often transformative new world ~ an ancient archetypal world which, unknowingly to the unknowing, informs every corner of our lives.
We are excited to host two courses by Gabriel Mojay and Shellie Enteen!
From this page you can register for each class individually OR both classes, offered at a special rate!
• March 15, 2024 (Friday): Essential Oil Energetics and the Five Elements by Gabriel Mojay.
• March 16-17, 2024 (Friday): Essential Oils, Herbs and Astrology by Gabriel Mojay and Shellie Enteen.