- This class has passed.
Aromatherapy Workshop Series: Using Aromatherapy to Cope with the Effects of Isolation and Anxiety
November 4, 2020 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm$50 – $90.00
Time: 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Cost: $50 or $90 for two
Class Size: limited to 15
(Distancing and masks required)
We are excited to offer a new monthly Aromatherapy Workshop Series!
Learning + Discussion + Blending
We invite you to attend the monthly interactive, conversational, and hands-on workshops focused on supporting our mental and physical health, caring for ourselves and our families in these times of high stress, fear, isolation, and anxiety.
Please join us the first Wednesday evening each month, to learn, share and discuss the many applications of Aromatherapy led by Roz Zollinger and Shaheen Bharde.
The first few workshops will be focused on supporting our community through the realities of living through this pandemic, the experiences and feelings, from trauma and fear, to isolation and depression, that so many of us carry.
The workshops will be hosted by Roz Zollinger, Aromatherapist, Reflexologist, Instructor and co-owner of the Heal Center with over 36 years experience and Shaheen Bharde, Certified Aromatherapist, Licensed massage therapist specializing in Oncology Massage. We bring to you our combined knowledge, passion, and experience in the field of Aromatherapy and Aromatic Medicine to assist you in building and maintaining physical and emotional health and wellbeing, using the many subtle and direct applications of essential oils.
Workshops will be held once monthly, on the first Wednesday evening 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm.
Registration cost includes the take-home aromatherapy blend created during the workshop.
|Wednesday, November 4, 2020|
|6:30 pm - 8:30 pm|
|Heal Center - Suite 505.|
|Roz Zollinger & Shaheen Bharde|
|$50. 2 seats for $90|
|Refunds available until 3 days prior to class. $10 processing fee deducted.|
Michael or Roz Zollinger
November 4, 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Aromatherapy and Coping with the Effects of Isolation and Anxiety
- You will learn how aromatherapy and the specific essential oils that can bring comfort and calm and help us all cope with the effects of anxiety and isolation.
- You will create a blend and learn the applications, with the help of the instructors, for you to take home.
Limited space available. Social distancing and masks required.
December 2, 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Aromatherapy and Grief. Life during this Pandemic, suffering great losses and approaching the end of year “Holiday Blues”.
- As the holidays approach and in view of our very different reality this year, many people will be feeling a sense of grief and maybe even sadness and despondency.
- You will learn new ways of dealing with these emotions through aromatherapy as well as a good understanding of body/mind connection.
- Participants will again make a personalized blend to take home to use.
December 16, 6:30pm – 8:30pm
A bonus workshop!
Holiday Gift Making using essential oils
- A fun and informative, interactive workshop on how to make your own holiday gifts using essential oils, such as bath salts, sprays, roll-ons or bath/shower bombs.
- Other vendors will be here with various other products.
January 6th, 6:30 – 8:30pm
Using Essential oils to enhance your immune system. A topic most relevant during the winter months.
- Learn about the different essential oils that can enhance immunity as well as support the respiratory system. Topic will include:
- What is the immune system
- How daily stress and anxiety can weaken our system and the body/mind connection of both these systems.
- In other words, how to stay healthy in the face of colds, flu and other viruses!
- Participants will leave with a blend.
February 3rd, 6:30 – 8:30pm
February is the month of LOVE; Love of others but also love of oneself!
- We will go through a” journey of the senses” including taste, smell, touch, sight and hearing”
- Discussion will focus both on Aphrodisiacs as well as Self-Love.
- Participants will leave with their own personalized blend.
Over 36 years Roz has developed an international reputation for her instruction and therapeutic work in fields of Reflexology and Aromatherapy. She qualified in Reflexology in 1983 through the South African Institute of Reflexology in Johannesburg, and in 1984 trained in Aromatherapy with the Institute of Clinical Aromatherapy in London. Subsequently, Roz pursued advanced Aromatherapy studies with the Pacific Institute of Aromatherapy, completed the International Training Program in Essential Oils at Purdue University, courses in Aromatic Medicine with Mark Webb, Gabriel Mojay, Madeleine Kerkhof, and many others.
She graduated from Brunei University with a BSc in Medical Biology in 1990 and became a nationally board certified massage therapist after that. Through her years of therapy, she has done extensive training in oncology and palliative care. She currently chairs the Public Relations Committee for a non-profit and works with many local businesses and interfaith organizations to build bridges with a larger community.
Shaheen began her studies in Aromatherapy many years ago with Roz Zollinger, Rhiannon Harris, Gabriel Mojay, Madeleine Kerkhof and also teaches and lectures at the Heal Center.